NAVBARIMAGE

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Yer a Kindergartener, Harry.


When the school year ended, I was fully convinced that I would keep my room Dr. Seuss themed. I couldn't imagine changing everything-- that involved way too much work.  I'd need to remake all of my labels, table signs, and word wall letters. I'd then need to find new decorations for my bulletin board area.  So, like a crazy person, I changed my mind and decided to do a Harry Potter themed classroom. Enjoy!


My "doorway" aka Platform 9 3/4
I decided to incorporate something called "gamification" into my room.  Basically, you turn aspects of school into a game to make it engaging.  Each table is a house of Hogwarts, with table 5 having a representative from every house.  Throughout the day, their behavior can earn them house points.  Whoever has the most house points at the end of the week will earn a table prize.

Ignore the mess, I was still getting everything together!!






Each star above Hogwarts is a clothes pin that will display student work.
(Also shoutout to my wonderful mom and GiGi and BoBo for the amazing teacher easel!)


Book shopping--  the labels have mini deathly hallows all over them


Not Harry Potter related, but my crayon organizer. (Also remnants of my Dr. Seuss room in the background!)


The "H" is a sorting hat, and "L" is a lightening bolt.


Morning tubs are labeled with each Hogwarts house, plus the Hogwarts crest.

All ready for meet the teacher! The parent handbook is courtesy of Mrs. Ds Corner over at tpt. HUGE thank you! My parents loved it.
Last but not least, my favorite Harry Potter item:
In each gift bag, I included a wand pencil. Super easy to make: just hot glue, spray paint, and a marble. My kiddos LOVED them! You can get directions on how to make them here!

Hope you enjoyed my classroom!
-Ms. Briggum

1 comment: